Saturday, May 02, 2009

Home Alone in Menlo Park

It's been a long while since I last blogged. Needless to say I've been busy, all over the place. This time around, I find myself alone with nothing much to do inside my room here at St. Patrick's Seminary where I just finished teaching a class. This is such a beautiful seminary! I love being here. I must confess, I fantasize sometimes about the idea of having an office here where I can do research and writing. The first room I stayed in had this huge library and study room, my ideal room I should say! Too bad I ended up staying at another room up on the third floor this time. I actually unashamedly requested that the next time I come back this end of May, that I be assigned to my "ideal" room again.

It's kinda nice once in a while to be alone. I have the luxury of reflecting about numerous happenings in my life. Lately, I've been preoccupied in thinking about an office space where I can bring my books, files, and stuff and where I can do uninterrupted period of writing. I've seen and inspected tons of places for the past several months now. Nothing is falling into place and I'm getting a bit impatient. I'm itching to really settle down. I was almost close to signing various deals but still, something would prevent me from actually consummating the agreement. I'd like to believe that God is preparing his "perfect" place for me after having been frustrated many times over.

I saw this one house last week which looked to me like an office. Long story short, I had this interesting conversation with the manager of this "place". I tried convincing him to rent me a space after I saw how gorgeous it is. Now I can only pray that this time around it will prove to be a real open door. Why do I have this strange feeling that this might be THE PLACE I've been waiting to land in? Who knows? But God knows and I can only hope against hope that this might in fact be the end of my long search. Oh God, please ...

No comments: